Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Small Sound, Brought By The Memory Of The Wind

Our trust, our love; the eternal promises
If you remember me, then strongly walk forth

-Naul/나얼. (2012). Memory Of The Wind.





I have the album and MV in my hard drive for quite some time already and I don't actually remember what prompt me to download them at the first place but that doesn't matter now, for this. Is. Gorgeous. The soulful flute, the piano, the smooth voice, and the falsetto at the chorus? Damn if it didn't blow me like whoaaa (and have to say I didn't saw that coming, he hits those notes like a boss O_O). I had no idea what the lyric talks about, yet it still made me sad.

And of course the MV doesn't help that much either. If anything, the MV further amplifies the sad feeling depicted on the song. I read a lot of theories on the storyline, but for me it's kinda straightforward (though that might be because I called it on the woman being the girl from the beginning, ha!); the woman is reminiscing her childhood memory with her now deceased father (who looks like Ahn Nae-sang, enlightened me if I'm wrong?) on her wedding day (there's a scene where she's wearing a veil). The guy riding the horse (he remind me of Super Junior's Choi Siwon at the beginning somewhat O_o, except more good-looking ha!) is her husband-to-be, and I think the long ride along with the dark clouds signifies the new change he brings to her life, if only because the sky is also a bleak color when her father died. At least this is what I can think of, considering the heartbreaking yet hopeful tone of the lyrics.

Or I might actually think too much again about it. OTL

I've heard of Naul before and it totally escaped me that he is the one featuring in Tablo's Airbag (and I really love that song too) until I looked him up. Apparently he was/is (?) a part of a group Brown Eyed Soul (I only knew Sung Hoon from the group, if only because of his appearances in Immortal Song 2) which I knew the name but I don't think I heard their song before.

Also.

I'm yet to go through the whole album, which is his first solo work, though Soul Fever has fast becoming my jam. I look forward to discovering more stuff from the guy, because really, if there's any song, video, or both really, that can give me all the damn feels like Nell's The Day Before last April, this is as close as I can get (so far).

You don't (want to) know how bias I can be with Nell, so there.

Till then.

(;______;)

5 comments:

  1. I fall for this song too, I love Naul, if you want to listen more from brown eyed soul,you can consider for some songs like: love ballad, my story, nothing better & always be there. Most of their songs are composed with heavier soul, so I recommend songs with easier tunes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tien Mahardika

    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll make sure to give them a try. :) And sorry for the late reply OTL

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind, big thanks for the reply too (:
    I'm just so glad when I meet others who also listen to some Korean good musics.
    More recommendations from BES: Promise You, and their newest single You are so Beautiful.
    Do you know Urban Zakapa? If you're OK listening to BES, you can give them a try. One great vocal group, able to showcase their capable n unique vocals in such harmony. For good impression, you can try: 그날에 우리(My Love) n 봄을 그리다(One Spring Day). Like falling for BES, it actually took a pretty long time to completely fall for Urban Zakapa.
    I can see that u're a fan of DBSK, do you? I'm my self a fan of boybands too. ^^
    You can also recommend good musics for me n sorry for this too long reply. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome! :)

    Thanks! I'll put that in the to-listen list LOL. I've heard of Urban Zakapa; but yet to listen to lots of their songs. The one I really like is 니가 싫어(I hate you); it's really good!

    Hahaha I've been a TVXQ fan since forever LOL (how do you know that though?! O_O) What boyband do you like?

    No worries! I like long replies LOL. Well I'm more of a fan for bands, so if you like you can try Nell; Cliff Parade, The Ending, The Day Before, Drifting Away, The Words You Shouldn't Believe, Haven.

    If you're feeling adventurous on the electronic side, try eAeon's Bulletproof. It's so good! \O/ Do mind that it can go on the verge of depressing too OTL. Sorry this is long LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just knew right away... ^^ I'm not actually a fan of DBSK but I worship Junsu,LOL. I'm a shawol, cuz I think their music is quiet rich for a boyband.
    I know Nell, but never put much interests on them, thanks for the list! I like bands too, tough I only listen to Busker Busker n FT.Island. Never heard of eAeon Bulletproof, I'll get a taste ASAP.
    Ah, thank God you know Urban Zakapa. Anyway, I'm so excited that BES's Side-A 4th Album is coming out, their latest single Thank Your Soul (especially 너를/You) has been mellowing me a lot, LOL...
    Thanks for the kind replies :)

    ReplyDelete